Friday 14 December 2012

2012 Art

2012 was known for 2 things, the London Olympics and the launch of this very blog. I also uploaded a lot of deviations this year, even more than my previous years on deviantART.

Let's start off with 4 works of art, made just in time for the 2012 Olympics!

Wenlock and Mandeville, the London 2012 mascots, as drawn by me. This picture is so well-drawn I feel like I could stare at it for hours. Yes, I am that proud of it.
 
I was rooting for Team GB like mad when the Olympics were on. Here's an amazing replica of the Union Jack. James the Blooman style!
 
This is a road sign I created at the time of the Olympic Torch Relay. Shame this sign didn't exist in real life...
 
I had never been so patriotic in my entire life.
 
 
Before the Olympics started, I made this little something for Easter (see below). It's a Tamago that looks like the Easter Bunny! And the Angry Birds make a cameo in the form of Easter eggs! Chuck was left out because he is triangular and I couldn't get him to look right as an Easter egg.
 
 
 
I made more fanart too. Here we have the Generation V Starter Pokémon (Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott) as the Scarecrow, Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz.
 
When Nintendo announced this new type of Pikmin from Pikmin 3, I just had to create another bit of fanart.
 
Let's not forget my drawing of the Minions from Despicable Me. What could be funnier than a Minion's butt? A Minion even photocopies his own in the movie!
 
 
 Now for some original characters created in 2012..
 
Here we have Nathan, the cat who can write on his tongue via salivation. Unfortunately, his grammar isn't great. Here he is taunting a Dobermann with his tongue. That's a bad idea, Nathan, that dog will fall for the taunt!
 
 
And here we have the foxy Rochelle, lying on her bed. Though she's wearing only a red thong, she has long Lady Godiva-like hair that covers her nipples. She's also pretty tall for a girl, at a height similar to that of a man! When this was first drawn, her feet were on the wrong legs, so I swapped her feet around after a deviantART user pointed this out.

Rochelle with her boyfriend Alex, who is slightly shorter and 3 years younger than her.
 
 
Mixing my art with a live-action texture, this puddle of mysterious white goo on the surface of a table is an awesome wallpaper. Click here to check it out in its full-sized glory!
 
 
Check out these Halloween-themed deviations I made this year!
 
It's more than just the look of this creepy bald man that is intimidating...

I sure know how to make a Jack o' Lantern look scary as hell.

Hey, it's Octofluff again! As a vampire for Halloween!
 
 
There are a plethora of Fakemon ideas on deviantART, so I decided to make my own. Level Down lowers the stats of all foes to make it look as if they've gone back down to the previous level.
 
Mr. Angst. He's real emo. And yes, he's crying blood in that picture. It happens whenever he gets scared. The Scream by Edvard Munch inspired me to make this.
 
 
 
Time for one more..
 
I made this in college. Merry Christmas everybody!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment